Monday 12 March 2012

Socks

The other day It became apparent to me that I needed new socks, Partly because my old socks were more like flip flops.  So I decided to venture out and buy some new ones, How hard can it be? Even for me it can't be anything other than simple, Or so I thought.
Upon arrival at the sock shop I was expecting to walk in, Pick up some socks and leave, No, How wrong I was, There was a giant wall of socks, Cotton socks, Wool Socks, Sport socks (Which looked very similar to cotton socks but with a stripe on top), Bamboo socks (Which apparently aids freshness Incidentally  If anyone has ever caught a whiff of a panda you will know that it doesn't).  Gym socks- Which presumably came full of more athletic, stronger and generally cooler people than me and you will pay an excessive amount when you first buy them, Use them twice and never again. Plus socks of many different colours and size. Why?, Why do we need so many choice of sock?
As always there will no doubt be some piddington with moleskin trousers who specifically goes out to buy sport socks for use with his sandals, And yes I imagine that a tall, upper class lady in a neck brace called Marion probably buys Bamboo socks for her husband, Because It's something to talk about at her dinner parties, But for the average person a sock is a sock.
Then another thought occured to me, It's taken me a long time and caused an (abnormal) amount of anguish to buy socks, What am I going to do when it comes to buying a house? Or a fridge? I mean you can get fridges, Fridge freezers, Big Fridges, Fridges with Ice cube makers.  It's a mine field out there, And thats before I start on paint colours; Magnolia, Beige, Off White, Buttermilk, ButterNut, Butter- and thats just the different words for 'cream'.
I think I'll go for wallpaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment